Monday, March 9, 2009

Ch-ch-ch-ch-CHANGES!

What an awesome weekend! Just last week we got our first real snow (CHECK IT OUT!) and then yesterday we had a high of 80. It is definitely Springtime in Virginia!

Don't eat the yellow stuff Daddy!
We really enjoyed the incredible weather and tried to soak up as much of it as we could. Mark finished the fence - doesn't it look great??
We went to the park and tested out Tristan's new bike. When did my baby grow up into such a big boy??
And speaking of being big, Tristan ran up to me yesterday and shouted "MOMMY! I PEE-PEE'D ON THE POTTY!" Ummmm.... you've been potty trained for a year. What's the big deal? He had decided, totally on his own, to sit on the BIG GIANT GROWN UP POTTY ("Since I'm a grown up now Mommy"). I told Mark and he said that actually he had tried that last week and fell in. Of course the obvious question - NO PICTURES?? Apparently it was a little too traumatic for a photo-op but I am told it was plenty funny.

More changes - Pierce is talking up a storm these days and since walking is SO LAST WEEK he has taken to running and climbing. Tables, toilets, and dog food dishes are all excellent climbing choices for a beginner. Next week we'll tackle cars.
We also have a new addition to our family. I'd like to formally introduce our new pet Finn. Tristan was a little disappointed at first since he doesn't talk much and he doesn't like to be petted but Finn is settling in quite nicely now and I'm pretty sure he's going to stick around for a little while. We spent a ton of time outside this weekend since the weather was SO FREAKING AWESOME. We went on a lot of walks (still too muddy for a hike since we'd just gotten so much snow), played with bubbles (P's favorite!), "chalked" the driveway, BBQ'd, and hung out on the deck. Please stay forever nice weather!
And, as a special treat for those of you who chose to read all the way to the end of this post, Tracy Robinson said I had to share this so here you go :)
Tristan has become quite fascinated with boobs lately. He loves to shout about them in public places and tell people they have GREAT BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBS! (I am told this improves with age.) The other morning when I went up to get him I was still in my pajamas. I laid down on his bed and he patted my chest. He looked at me funny and said "Mommy. You're not wearing any boobs under your jammies." Aaaaah. "Yes I am, they're just smaller than normal." "NO MOMMY! THERE ARE NO BOOBS UNDER YOUR JAMMIES!" Thank God for the miracle bra!

7 comments:

Kari said...

Oh man that BOOB story is hilarious!!! Don't you love little boys and their vocal curiosity???

Tiffany Lindsey said...

Great post! Love all the nice weather and outdoor time. I live in Hawaii and you have nicer weather than I do lately! And here's a boob story for you too-I was getting dressed and Micah said to me, "Doze are great boobies Mommy!" Aw, thanks Micah boy! (-;

Honeycutt Family said...

The boob story is so stinkin' funny, Jenny! Oh my goodness! What comes out of these kids mouths is CRAZY! :)

Tracy Robinson said...

ha! glad you decided to post that story, love it!

Tammy's Thoughts said...

That is so funny! Glad that you shared that. You know that he has always liked a woman with big boobs and that can clean a house!

The Armstrong's said...

That is friggin funny girl! I will trade you bra sizes any day. These wiggly jiggly back breakin' knee knockers are not fun!!!!! I love the pictures it looks like you have a beautiful property to play on.

Ledbetter Fam said...

That is hilarious!!! I'm right there with you girl. My boys are going to be shocked off their rockers if they marry a girl that actually has something natural under there! Not this momma. Those babies destroyed what little I had.

JB