Thursday, October 18, 2012

Fall Break

Last night I prayed, Dear God, please help me to have a meaningful Fall Break with the kids.  Help me to make the time COUNT.  Help me to have good one on one time with each of them and not get sucked into the crazy of keeping house and all that entails.  A friend told me about a really cool quote, "Live the dash."  Meaning, the dash on your tombstone between birth and death.  Ummmm....  convicting??  Yes.

So this morning I woke up and went to Parent/ Teacher conferences where we got rave reviews on both boys.  So, so proud of the people they are becoming.  Can not wait to see what God has in store for them.  And as I was driving home I thought, "Oh man there is so much to be done today.  We need to go to Target and Hobby Lobby and I have GOT to get a hold on this laundry...  Surely we could play after nap time."  But when I walked in the door and was greeted by two little impish faces I couldn't stand it.  We took the whole day off.  We went to the park with friends and then carried our playdate over to lunch.  We played super heroes.  We jumped on the trampoline with all the newly fallen leaves.



I am so thankful that I didn't fall into the pit of my own humanity.  Thank you GOD for answering my prayer.

No comments: